Social Work

Are you worried about your parents, wife or husband?

Are your parents ageing and you are not sure if they are safe at home?

Do you want to know the process of arranging aged care services, My Aged Care and ACAT?

Aged Care Services

The My Aged Care (MAC) service provides services and assistance for those over 65, contact is made either online or by telephone for an initial assessment, which is then followed up by a call and visit by one of the Assessment Agencies.   Referrals are then approved for the appropriate community services. If required, a referral can also be sent to the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for a more comprehensive assessment. Once assessed by the ACAT team, approvals are generated for either residential care, residential and in home respite care and/or community packages.

Advocating for the frail elderly, who were not safe enough to return home was part of the Social Work role in the hospital rehabilitation ward. From the experience she gained in this role, Elaine can assist you and your family through the process of arranging residential care from home or hospital to an aged care facility or arranging appropriate services at home.

But only when there is permission by the elderly person and it has to be made clear that their choice is respected if they wish to remain home.  Where there is an issue of capacity and/or safety, or abuse, and residential care is appropriate, then the course of action is taken with medical, professional and legal advice, where advocacy for the client is paramount.

When a person is assessed as not having the capacity to make decisions, and if there is no Enduring Power of Attorney in place, a referral can be arranged to the Guardianship Tribunal or Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT). As a Social Worker Elaine can assist and support the person and their family through this process and represent/advocate for the client through the court process.

Veterans Services

Are you receiving a pension from the Department of Veteran Affairs, are you suffering some mental health symptoms, are you unsure of what services are available for you? Do you need some more help at home? Do you wish to know what is available to you or your family?

Disability Services

Do you have a disability, either physical or do you suffer from a mental health condition?

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides services for those aged from 0-65.

NDIS is currently ‘rolling out’ over Queensland and NNSW commencing on July 1 2018. Social Work is an integral part of the services of this Government initiative. Elaine is an approved provider for Assisted Life-Stage Transition, Accomodation/Tenancy and Support Coordination.

Then come for a counselling session.

Contact Elaine from MyLink Services on the contact form below or on 0411 633499.